Certified Medical Assistant/LPN – Plain Clinic
We are seeking a Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to:
- Provide routine patient care in an ambulatory setting.
- The CMA is able to work as part of a team and perform both clinical and administrative duties.
- Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination/procedure, sterilization of medical instruments and administering medications as directed by provider or designee.
- Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records and filling out insurance forms/paperwork.
Experience working in a healthcare setting and phlebotomy training preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- High school graduate or equivalent with graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant training program required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Current licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse or certification as a Medical Assistant by an approved national examination agency required.
- Certification as a Medical Assistant by an approved national examination agency required within six months of appointment if not currently certified.
- Current BLS certification required within three months of appointment.
- Good interpersonal, communication and organization skills.
- Ability to promote patient satisfaction both within and external to the organization
- Skills in understanding, explaining, and communicating with a diverse patient population
- Flexibility regarding work hours
- Ability to independently manage work time efficiently and effectively
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to function in an accurate precise and calm manner in emergency and crisis situations
- Ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential.
- Able to operate various office equipment such as computer, phone system, fax and various computer systems.
- Full time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.0 FTE)
- Weekdays between the hours of 7:15am-5:15pm.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.