Award-winning hospital seeks a dynamic individual to lead our Acute Care (MedSurg) department in providing the highest quality care in our state of the art facility. This position is will:
- Oversee clinical, administrative, and financial resources of the Acute Care (MedSurg) department
- Develop a strategic vision regarding the direction of the Acute Care (MedSurg) department
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Health Care Administration desired
Master’s Degree preferred
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Three years of management/supervisory experience
- five years’ minimum clinical experience
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department to learn more.)
- Valid State of Wisconsin License as a Registered Nurse upon hire
- BLS certification required within 3 months from date of hire
- ACLS certification required within 6 months from date of hire
- Ability to solve a wide range of complex, multi-disciplinary problems which must consider short and intermediate-term Hospital planning.
- Policy, procedure, and precedent are created and/or approved by this position.
- High degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required.
- Errors may result in serious consequences involving patient care/treatment.
- Skills in understanding, explaining, teaching, selecting, developing and motivating people are critical.
- In-depth knowledge of the nursing discipline in combination with a high level of general knowledge of hospital operations is required.
- Ability to plan and organize and to communicate effectively is essential.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, discretion, decision-making, and problem-solving is vital.
- Position requires person who has good leadership skills and a commitment to quality of care.
- Demonstrate leadership skills in motivation, managing change, conflict resolution, and written and oral communication.
- Full time position – 80 hours in a bi-weekly period (1.0 FTE)
- Primarily Monday through Friday – between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.