Maintenance - MechanicWe are seeking a Maintenance - Mechanic to:
- Perform daily rounds and preventative maintenance on equipment throughout the facility.
- Basic maintenance and repair of all major HAVAC systems (heating, ventilation, and air conditioning), plumbing systems, emergency generators and fire protection systems.
- Identify and calibrate a variety of computer based digital control systems.
- Support the department and facilities in the areas of on-call reliability, security response and 24/7 emergency coverage.
- High school degree or equivalent required.
- Two years of technical or trade school preferred.
Experience in general maintenance duties, preferably in a hospital setting, desired.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Valid State of Wisconsin driver’s license required.
- The Hospital has a responsibility to the communities it serves to ensure that employees who drive Hospital vehicles have a safe driving record. A clean driving record is one with no more than one moving violation in the past three years.
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Knowledge of electrical, plumbing, boiler and steam systems, heating, ventilating, air conditioning, medical gas and surgical vacuum system, fire system, security, waste management, carpentry, cabinetry, and various other systems/skills.
- Work may involve occasional assignments of a non-routine nature which require new approaches or independent judgment.
- Errors may result in confusion or financial loss to the Hospital.
- Courtesy and tact necessary to work with others as a team member.
- Abilities of mathematics, measurements, design, formatting, practical applications, proper handling of tools, power equipment and installation techniques, wood and flooring and construction materials and how to apply them to meet the needs of the job.
- Ability to keep sensitive information strictly confidential.
- Full time position (1.0 FTE)
- Weekly schedule: Monday-Friday from 2:30 p.m. until 11:00 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance