Pharmacy TechnicianWe are seeking a Pharmacy Technician in our Pharmacy Department to work under the direction of the Pharmacists and Pharmacy director to assist with the day-to-day operations of the department.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1 year of experience in a hospital pharmacy preferred.
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board, Inc. (PTCB) certification desirable.
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Courtesy and tact necessary to effectively work with others and to be a good team member is important.
- Ability to operate department equipment including a number of computer programs.
- Must be committed to following SPH standards, policies and procedures.
- Ability to keep sensitive information about patients strictly confidential is essential.
- Requires knowledge of drug names, pharmacy math and sterile technique.
- Ability to wear gloves and other protective equipment.
- Good math and reading skills are important.
- Ability to set priorities and to be extremely accurate in performing tasks is essential.
- Failure to do so may result in patient harm and even death if not detected by the pharmacist-in-charge.
- Per diem (0.0 FTE)
- Weekly schedule: variable
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance