Radiological Technologist I – Diagnostic Imaging Department
We are seeking a Rad. Tech. I in our Diagnostic Imaging Department to:
Diploma from a two year program in Science of Radiographic Technology from an accredited technical college or hospital based program.
1 to 2 years of applicable experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Perform radiology procedures, including CT scans and/or mammography, at a technical level that does not require constant supervision but does require good judgment.
- Operate ionizing radiation equipment using ingenuity and initiative to apply prescribed protocols related to radiology technology for the diagnosis of various diseases and injury.
- Assume responsibility for coordinating procedures, quality assurance and record keeping as related to departmental policy, radiation safety and attending to the patient's needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT) in Radiology (R).
- Licensed by the State of Wisconsin to provide medical radiographic services.
- BLS certification required within 90 days from hire date.
- Courtesy and tact necessary to effectively work with patients and others, and to be a good team member. Skills in understanding, explaining and communicating with a diverse patient population are important.
- Requires knowledge of radiographic technology. Flexibility regarding work hours is required.
- Able to operate various department equipment such as X-ray unit, automatic processor, and computer terminal.
- Able to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential.
- Must be able to deal with patients who are ill, in pain, confused, worried, or uncooperative by using excellent human relations skills.
- Ability to set priorities, make decisions and solve problems needed.
- Communication between staff members and other departments essential to ensure accuracy and completeness of examination.
- Must have the ability to work under pressure with patients of all ages with various injuries and diseases.
- Per diem position (0.00 FTE)
- Variable schedule between the hours of 7:00 am – 5:00 pm based upon the departments needs
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.