UW - Registration SpecialistWe are seeking a Registration Specialist to:
- Register patients for inpatient and outpatient services.
- Register patients via telephone prior to the patient’s visit or in person in a hospital/clinic setting.
- Responsible for verifying demographic and insurance information, pre-registration of accounts, and copayment collections.
- High school diploma or equivalent in business experience.
Three to six months previous customer service experience preferred.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skills in understanding and/or influencing people are important to achieving job objectives.
- Ability to handle situations where direct contact with very ill patients is necessary.
- Ability to operate computer, printer, copier, fax machine, switchboard console, phones, credit card machine, scanner and various other office machines.
- Full Time Position (1.0 FTE) 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period
- Primarily working between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance