Respiratory TherapistRespiratory TherapistWe are seeking a Respiratory Therapist in the Respiratory Services Department to:
- Perform patient age-specific assessments designed to gather data relevant to the patient’s individual respiratory care needs.
- Develop a plan of care
- Implement the plan, provide treatment and diagnostic services, organize carte and evaluate the effectiveness of treatment/care
Associates degree in Respiratory Therapy or graduate of National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC) Accredited program
- 1-3 years of experience preferred.
- State of WI. License as a Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Certified Respiratory Therapist (CRT) required through the National Board of Respiratory Care (NBRC)
- Basic Life Support certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (RP) required within 1 year of hire and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification required within 6 months of hire.
- Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) through the NBRC within 2 years of hire.
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks which require independent judgments such as setting task priorities; evaluating results; problem solving; and coordinating with others.
- Must be able to utilize critical thinking skills to organize respiratory care and incorporate the respiratory process when problem solving.
- Commitment to quality and to following SPH and department standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Able to present a professional, cheerful, caring and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers and visitors.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and the ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Ability to communicate well and to explain procedures to patients.
- Skills in decision-making, problem-solving, good judgment and a broad knowledge of general respiratory care are required.
- Skill in understanding, explaining, teaching and motivating people.
- Basic proficiency with computers, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and keyboarding skills.
- Per diem position (0.00 FTE)
- Variable schedule, 6:00am – 6:00pm & 6:00pm – 6:00am
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.