Registered Nurse – Birth & Women’s Care Center
We are seeking a Registered Nurse in our Obstetrics Department to:
- Provide quality, professional, nursing care to obstetric and newborn patients, including labor and delivery.
- Maintain and follow all standards, practices, policies and procedures.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- BSN required within 5 years from date of appointment.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Current State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse license is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 3 months of employment.
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) required within 1 year of employment.
- Sugar and Safe Care, Temperature, Airway, Blood Pressure, Lab Work, Emotional Support (STABLE) required within 1 year of employment.
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) desirable.
- Provide triage for Obstetric outpatients.
- Perform a thorough nursing admission assessment, review of health history including prenatal records,
- and document according to policy.
- Initiate fetal monitoring and interpret and document fetal tracing according to guidelines.
- Perform vaginal exams.
- Monitor progress of laboring mothers and notify provider when appropriate utilizing the Situation Background Assessment Recommendation (SBAR) format.
- Support patient’s choice for pain management. Provide labor support to both patients and support for their families.
- Perform sterile setup of delivery instruments.
- Explain procedures and treatments to patient.
- Following hospital policy, prepare patients for a cesarean section; both scheduled and emergent.
- Care for patients who are have their labor induced or augmented.
- Document all nursing care, according to policy, in the electronic medical record (EMR).
- Assist providers during procedures such as internal monitor placement, Amniocentesis or External Cephalic Version.
- Assist Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) during the placement of regional anesthesia.
- Provide care for the delivering patient.
- Perform postpartum care to mothers according to protocol.
- Provide lactation support and education.
- Perform nursery care for newborns.
- Per diem position - variable schedule based on the needs of the department (0.00 FTE)
- Part time position consisting of 48 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (0.60 FTE)
- Primarily 12 hour day shifts from 7:00am – 7:00pm on variable days
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.