RN - Registered Nurse - Emergency Department
Registered Nurse – Emergency Department
We are seeking a Registered Nurse for our Emergency Department to:
- Provide rapid assessment and treatment to patients in the initial phase of illness or injury and often in life threatening situations.
- Time management is crucial in ascertaining allergies, medications, medical history, vitals, height and weight.
- Emergency nursing specializes in assessing, intervening and stabilizing a variety of injured and ill patients including neonatal, pediatric, adult and geriatric.
- Prioritization of patients, communication and critical thinking skills are necessary.
- Associate Degree in Nursing required.
- BSN required within 5 years from date of appointment.
One or more years of experience preferred in Emergency Nursing.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required within 3 months of hire
- Advanced Cardiac Life support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire
- Emergency Nurses Pediatric Course (ENPC) required within 1 year of hire
- Trauma Nursing Core Course (TNCC)
- Certified Emergency Nurse (CEN) desirable
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Work consists of moderately complicated procedures and tasks which require independent judgments such as setting task priorities; evaluating results; problem solving; and coordinating with others.
- Necessary to participate in continuing education as appropriate.
- Commitment to quality and to following SPH and department standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Able to present a professional, cheerful, caring and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers and visitors.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and the ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Ability to communicate well and to explain procedures to patients.
- Skills in decision-making, problem-solving, good judgment and a broad knowledge of general nursing is required.
- Need skills in understanding, explaining, teaching and motivating people.
- Part time position consisting of 60 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (FTE .75)
- Primarily 7:00pm – 7:00am Monday through Friday and every third weekend
- Full time position consisting of 72 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (FTE 0.90)
- Every Friday – Sunday, primarily 1:00pm – 1:00am
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.