Specimen Processor (Phlebotomist) - Lodi Clinic
Specimen Processor (Phlebotomist) – Lodi Clinic
We are seeking a Specimen Processor (Phlebotomist) at our Lodi Clinic to:
- Perform venipuncture and capillary punctures to procure specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Serves patients of all ages from newborn through geriatric.
- Perform clerical functions such as filing, word processing, answer telephones, faxing results, scheduling, and preparing specimens to be sent to reference laboratories.
- Perform urine toxicology and alcohol collections according to DOT guidelines.
- Maintain toxicology and laboratory supplies.
- Perform CLIA-waived and moderately complex testing.
- Maintain billing and coding for laboratory procedures.
High school diploma required
- Minimum of 1 year phlebotomy and medical terminology experience in a healthcare setting preferred
- On the job training includes competency verification by observation of skills performed
- Eight continuing education units related to job duties required yearly
Certification as a Phlebotomy Technician (or equivalent) by a national accrediting agency within six months of hire
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Listens attentively, communicates effectively, and meets patient’s needs by answering their questions in order to promote a positive relationship.
- Identifies patient following the proper patient identification procedures.
- Collects and identifies specimens for transfusion service testing.
- Directs patients to blood drawing area and restroom in order to obtain the ordered sample.
- Answers the phone promptly and courteously.
- Greets and provides services to all patients and visitors to the department.
- Answers phone inquiries regarding Laboratory Test results and refer specific test procedure questions to Laboratory Director or Hospital Laboratory Liaison. Transfers calls in order to assure department efficiency.
- Accurately enters test orders into the lab information system (LIS) including diagnosis codes. Files the orders appropriately.
- Full time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.00 FTE)
- Weekday shifts between the hours of 7:15am – 5:15pm
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.