Hooverson Funeral Home
In 1952, Ort and Marge Gnewikow opened our original funeral home in Mazomanie, Wisconsin. Later acquisitions included funeral homes in Sauk City and Prairie du Sac. New facilities were built in Sauk City in 1974 and in Mazomanie in 1980. The interest for following in their footsteps became apparent to their daughter Susie, and her husband Gary Hooverson. Gary became a licensed funeral director in 1974.
Following the death of Ort Gnewikow in 1977, Marge managed the business for several years until selling to Gary and Susie Hooverson. Steve Coy, of the Richland Center area, became a licensed funeral director in 1991 and has been associated with our funeral homes since 1995. Susie and Gary's son, Curt Hooverson, joined the family business in 2002 and became a licensed funeral director in 2004.