WCMEW Assistant to Executive Director
The Wisconsin Council on Medical Education and Workforce (WCMEW) Assistant to the Executive Director’s position will be working in tandem with the Executive Director in fulfilling WCMEW’s mission in focusing on healthcare delivery, workforce supply and demand, healthcare education and training, and regulation of healthcare practitioners in Wisconsin. Along with WCMEW’s Executive Director (ED), the Assistant Director will represent WCMEW to its volunteers and members, healthcare leaders and practitioners, policy makers, and the public.
This is a remote job and part-time. There will be onsite meetings at some point, where in-person attendance will be required.
Send resume’ to: George Quinn, Executive Director, WCMEW firstname.lastname@example.org
- Work directly with WCMEW’s ED and volunteers to provide research and reports for the healthcare field, policy makers, and the public
- Serve as planner and facilitator for WCMEW’s Work Groups
- Monitor news and developments relating to, or impacting the healthcare workforce
- Conduct research and analysis
- Track and analyze legislation
- Assist with creating WCMEW’s monthly newsletter
- Manage WCMEW’s website
- Assist with event coordination
- Compile and distribute documents/reports/memos
- Assist with special projects
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated research skills, and interest in policy development
- Innovative and driven self-starter with problem solving ability who works well with others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and tasks under deadline
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook. Experience with other applications, such as MailChimp and Squarespace.
- Preferred experience includes healthcare, communications, or policy development.