Ag Service Technician
JOB SUMMARY: The service technician will perform diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer agricultural, turf, and construction equipment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: The service technician is responsible for performing service repair and other miscellaneous duties in order to ensure customer and dealer equipment is in good working order.
- Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on agricultural and turf equipment.
- Participates in Service Training programs required.
- Maintains current knowledge of McFarlane vendor equipment and products.
- Maintains condition of vehicles, inventory, tools and equipment.
- Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
- Completes all reports and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
- Accounts for all time on a time card and for all material used in performing assigned duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, relevant agricultural services technical degree, preferred.
- Proficient working knowledge, minimum of one (1) year, of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of agricultural and turf equipment.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Current Driver’s License with clean driving record.
- Solid experience performing repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment.
- Ability to read, write, comprehend, and verbally communicate simple instructions, short correspondence and memos in English.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to act as a team player.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of changing situations.
PHYSICAL AND SAFETY DEMANDS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting, twisting, reaching and grasping; close vision and distance vision used. The employee must frequently pull/lift/move/carry up to 75 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.