Experienced Auto Service Technician
The auto service technician will provide outstanding customer service to customers while performing diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer vehicles to ensure they are in good working condition.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Respond to customer needs for diagnostic and maintenance services, tire repair or replacement in shop.
• Ensure that each customer receives outstanding customer service by providing a customer friendly environment.
• Diagnose and repair vehicles.
• Conduct wheel alignments on customer vehicles.
• Change oil on customer vehicles.
• Repair or replace tires, if needed.
• Drive vehicles into shop as needed.
• Clean up after every job.
• Regular attendance is an essential function.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE / SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Automotive mechanics technical degree, ASE Certification preferred.
2. Minimum five (5) years prior automotive diagnostic and repair experience.
3. Possess current Driver's License with clean driving record.
4. Ability to perform auto diagnositcs, repairs and maintenance using special tools and equipment.
5. Ability to push, lift, move tires, if and as needed.
6. Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
7. Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
8. Ability to work as part of a team and maintain positive working relationships.
9. Possess proficient communication skills with the ability to read, write, comprehend and verbally communicate in English.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, lifting, twisting, reaching and grasping; close vision and distance vision used. The employee must frequently pull/lift/move/carry up to 50 lbs. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full-time team members are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with Match, Paid Time Off, EAP, company events, generous retail service center discount and more. To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlanes’, 780 Carolina St., Sauk City, WI; mail resume to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com