JOB SUMMARY: Plan, direct and coordinate the operations of auto/tire service department. Plan and maintain systems and procedures for operating efficiency.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Required to oversee auto/tire service activities, programs & projects to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets; coordinate interdepartmental functions to minimize delays; meet with departmental members on regular basis to review project status and plan future actions.
- Ensure auto/tire technicians verify customer information as current in the system and on all work orders.
- Ensure customer’s needs are met and completed in a timely fashion.
- Accurately provide tire service estimates.
- Accurately detail work orders utilizing auto technician information.
- Monitor and assist staff with work progress.
- Delegate work to staff to attain daily objectives.
- Maintain overall cleanliness of the tire shop.
- Collection of payment for work performed.
- Perform additional duties as requested.
- Regularly scheduled attendance.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer a two (2) year technical degree in an engine service related field.
- Four (4) years’ prior Service Writer experience, preferred.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong customer service skills.
- Familiarity with a variety of auto service related processes and materials.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Proven ability to act as a team leader.
Must wear safety glasses while in the Shop. The employee is regularly required to stand, walk, talk and hear. The employee is frequently required to sit for extended periods of time; use hands; close vision required. Able to utilize computer keyboard and monitor. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures.
Competitive benefits offered include health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Flexible Spending, Paid Training Opportunities, Employee Assistance Program, Generous Retail Service Center Employee Discount and more! To be considered for this opportunity please send resume to or apply in person at: McFarlanes’, Human Resources, 780 Carolina Street, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583, 608-643-2309 (fax); apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com or email HR@mcfarlanemfg.com