Horizontal Construction Engineer/12N
Horizontal Construction Engineers use bulldozers, cranes, graders and other heavy equipment to move tons of earth and material to complete construction projects for the Army National Guard. They are also responsible for operating tractors with dozer attachments, scoop loaders, backhoe loaders, hydraulic excavators, motorized graders and scrapers.
- Analyze information on grade stakes and their placement
- Drive bulldozers, road graders and other heavy equipment to level earth
- Clear, grub, strip, excavate, backfill, stockpile and push scraper with tractor crawler
- Cut and spread fill material with scraper
- Transport heavy construction equipment with tractor-trailer
- Assist in performance of combat engineer missions
The skills you learn will help prepare you for a career with building contractors, state highway agencies, rock quarries, well drillers and construction firms.
The Wisconsin Army National Guard is a part-time service branch of the military. With over 66 different armories in the state, there's opportunities to serve almost anywhere! Citizen-soldiers, as they are known, serve only 1 weekend a month, and 2 weeks in the summer, but still receive full-time benefits such as:
Free college tuition
Low-cost health insurance/ life insurance
Paid job training
Up to $20,000 in bonuses
Serving the local community
Will you be the one to answer the call?
Contact SFC Rocco Sylvester at (608) 512-8112 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Always Ready, Always There