DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Required to oversee all Project Management activities to ensure that activities are carried out in accordance with established specifications, schedules and budgets; coordinate interdepartmental functions to minimize delays; meet with departmental members on regular basis to review program status and plan future actions.
- Review contract documents and specifications to ensure all requirements are distributed appropriately to internal personnel and Sub-contractors.
- Establish and communicate project sequencing and scheduling with Contractor/ Owner, Sub-contractors and Internal Personnel.
- Maintain project sequencing and scheduling with Purchasing, Drafting, Production, Transport and Sub-contractors.
- Clearly communicate expectations and goals involved with a project.
- Maintain continuous communication throughout a project with all appropriate parties.
- Review and assess cost and scheduling impacts from Addendums, Construction Bulletins and Architect Supplemental Instruction or other forms of revised contract documents.
- Review and negotiate costs associate with Notification of Change (NOC) and/or Request for Information (RFI).
- Work with all key personnel to ensure compliance with contract documents.
- Provide support to estimating and purchasing.
- Assist with estimating and bid proposals when needed.
- Distribute and submit internal and Sub-contractor drawings.
- Track and record contract documents, RFIs, NOCs and drawing submittals throughout a project.
- Regular attendance is required
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, project management, or construction management.
- Minimum of 3 years of construction project management, experience with structural steel fabricator, preferred.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- MS Office proficiency; experience with FabSuite and BlueBeam, software, preferred.
- Ability to work independently and proactively, be self-motivated and deadline-oriented.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple projects from start to completion with thorough attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships to interact effectively with clients and team members.
- Possess strong problem-solving skills, with ability to resolve conflicts in a positive and constructive manner.
- Familiarity with a variety of structural steel fabrication processes and materials used.
Must be able to walk, talk, and hear; close and distant vision abilities; periods of prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Occasional travel to job sites, with exposure to variable weather conditions. Function in office setting, using computer, screens, keyboard, copier. Ability to lift 20lbs. Must wear proper PPE while on Shop floor and while visiting job sites. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures, leading by example. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation is based upon experience. Competitive benefits package includes health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance offerings, 401k with match, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, flexible spending and generous McFarlanes’ Retail Service Center Employee Discount. To be considered for this opportunity, please apply in person at or submit resume to: McFarlanes’, Attn: HR, 1330 Dallas Street, Sauk City, WI 53583; apply online at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com