CAD Design Technician
Edge Consulting Engineers, Inc. is seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented CAD Design Technician to become an integral member of our Wireless Telecommunications design team. This is a full-time position located in our Prairie du Sac office. You will be working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry assisting our Project Managers with the designing and drafting of various wireless telecommunications projects ranging in scope from new small cell pole designs, rooftop antenna installations, to new tower builds. As part of our team, you will work on projects primarily located across the Midwest ranging in size from single installations to buildouts involving several hundred projects.
- Utilizing CAD software (Microstation) to design detailed telecommunications structure and equipment drawings in accordance with customer specifications and input from Project Managers
- Gathering technical data from various sources to create accurate and informative design plans to be used in the design-build process by our clients
- Assisting with auditing designs to ensure they are in compliance with various government regulations and/or customer requirements
- Performing necessary document revisions as requested by the Project Manager to create final technical documents and construction drawings
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements surrounding the services provided to clients
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency in meeting client commitments and deadlines with an unwavering focus on quality
- May assist in performing fieldwork to inspect proposed site locations and gather relevant measurements and photos to be incorporated into a variety of technical documents
- Requires an A.A.S. degree in Civil Engineering Technology (preferred); or A.A.S. degree in Architectural Technology, Construction Management, Land Surveying or related field which includes coursework in CAD technology and applications; or, in lieu of degree, 3-5 years of equivalent work experience with a focus on CAD design work
- Demonstrated proficiency in CAD software required (i.e. AutoCAD, Microstation); minimum 1-2 years design/drafting experience preferred
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office Suite (primarily Outlook, Excel and Word)
- Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to consistently perform quality work
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to work both independently and within a team, and demonstrate a sense of urgency in achieving goals and deadlines
- Ability to perform field work as needed; a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a vehicle are required
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work collaboratively with teams, clients and officials required
- Experience with surveying and/or field measurements techniques, as well as construction inspection are a plus, but not required
- Previous telecommunications industry experience a plus, but not required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship
We offer a competitive salary, with the potential to earn quarterly performance-based bonuses, and a wide array of benefits to help you care for your health and wellness and meet your personal needs outside of work as well. We believe in work-life balance, which is why we offer a flexible full-time work schedule that allows employees Friday afternoons off all year round, as well as a business casual dress work environment all week long! We believe in helping you save for your future by offering a 401(K) plan with a generous company match, as well as a profit-sharing plan. We also enjoy a fun work environment that includes periodic company sponsored events and team building activities.
What type of person thrives at Edge Consulting? Individuals who:
- enjoy working on cutting edge telecommunications networks and fast paced projects;
- thrive in a challenging atmosphere and desire the ability to work with a team to help our clients succeed;
- are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and won’t back down from a challenge;
- want to work for a company that is focused on long-term success rather than the next quarter;
- are committed to personal growth and development and take a continuous learning approach.
To apply, email your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Visit our website www.edgeconsult.com for more information about the company and the markets that we serve.
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for Edge Consulting Engineers without the need for sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, status with regard to public assistance, military service, or any other protected status.