We are currently seeking a highly motivated Civil Engineer to become an integral member of the Edge team. This is a full-time position located in our Prairie du Sac, WI office. You will be working in a fast-paced, ever-evolving industry assisting our Civil Engineering team with the design and construction of various Public Safety Communication, infrastructure, and facility improvement projects.
- Consulting with clients regarding project scope and deliverables, providing ongoing project updates, serving as a trusted partner for engineering expertise and guidance, and driving projects to successful completion; requires traveling on a limited basis for project related meetings and field work
- Gathering technical data from various sources to create accurate and informative design plans, reports, and other engineering documents to be used in the design-build process by our clients
- Performing site analysis, design computations, researching and preparing preliminary reports, feasibility studies, project plans, and costing information
- Creating and modifying designs using CAD software (Microstation) and other civil design software, and performing on-site inspections of assigned projects to ensure compliance with various government regulations and/or customer requirements
- Reviewing and approving necessary design changes and document revisions to create final technical documents and construction drawings
- Managing projects which may include: estimating, budgeting, sourcing materials or services, developing/monitoring timelines and milestones, troubleshooting as issues arise, coordinating permitting process, overseeing work of outside contractors or affiliated departments, collaborating with various city/government agencies, and coordinating communication to ensure all stakeholders are well informed of project status
- Collaborating with other external and internal departments (i.e. Structural team, Environmental team, etc.) to meet or exceed customer project requirements and deadlines
- Adhering to company policies, procedures and confidentiality requirements surrounding the services provided to clients
- Demonstrating a sense of urgency in meeting client commitments and deadlines with an unwavering focus on quality
- Requires a Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related Engineering field, from an ABET accredited college or university, plus a minimum of 3 years work experience as a practicing Civil Engineer
- Must hold an EIT Certification; Professional Engineer (PE) License is preferred
- Demonstrated experience with CAD software required (i.e. AutoCAD, Microstation); minimum 3-5 years design/drafting experience preferred; proficient at reading blueprints and related technical documents
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced work environment with the willingness to accept work direction/feedback from various internal/external partners is necessary
- Strong computer skills, including a working knowledge of MS Office Suite (primarily Outlook, Excel, Word and Teams)
- Must have exceptional time management and problem solving skills, attention to detail, and the ability to consistently perform quality work
- Requires strong oral and written communication skills, and the ability to read, write and speak fluently in English
- Willingness to work both independently and within a team, and demonstrate a sense of urgency in achieving goals and deadlines
- Ability to travel (up to 25%, with occasional overnight stays) and perform field work are needed; a valid driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a vehicle are required
- Experience with surveying and/or field measurements techniques, as well as construction inspection are desired, but not required
- Strong customer service orientation and the ability to work collaboratively with teams, clients and officials required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. without the need for sponsorship
Why Choose Edge Consulting Engineers?
We offer a competitive salary, with the potential to earn quarterly performance-based bonuses, and a wide array of benefits to help you care for your health and wellness and meet your personal needs outside of work as well. We believe in work-life balance, which is why we offer a flexible full-time work schedule that allows employees Friday afternoons off all year round, as well as a business casual dress work environment all week long! We believe in helping you save for your future by offering a 401(K) plan with a generous company match, as well as a profit sharing plan. We also enjoy a fun work environment that includes periodic company sponsored events and team building activities.
What type of person thrives at Edge? Individuals who:
- enjoy working on cutting edge telecommunications networks and fast paced projects;
- thrive in a challenging atmosphere and desire the ability to work with a team to help our clients succeed;
- are dedicated to exceeding customer expectations and won’t back down from a challenge;
- want to work for a company that is focused on long-term success rather than the next quarter;
- are committed to personal growth and development and take a continuous learning approach.
To apply, please submit your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Employment@edgeconsult.com
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized to work in the U.S. for Edge Consulting Engineers without the need for sponsorship. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, status with regard to public assistance, military service, or any other protected status.