DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Continually investigate potential product improvements, enhancements, features, to the current product line to respond to changing market demands; develop appropriate action plans.
- Monitor external research and regulatory activities (Universities, government, etc.) that may alter future trends and requirements.
- Work with Sales Manager to identify competition’s products, distribution system, market shares, pricing, strengths, and weaknesses and track them on a continuous basis.
- Works with Sales and Engineering Teams to identify and analyze business opportunities involving possible new products or current product line extensions.
- Responsible for representing Sales & Marketing, Engineering and Manufacturing throughout new product development process by partnering with all stakeholder personnel to bring new products and/or improved products to the market on a timely basis.
- Leadership role with Engineering Team to ensure current product projects and product development projects are clearly defined, stay on target and the goals, objectives and time-lines are met.
- Lead the Product Development process for assigned products. Participate on all product teams related to assigned product lines.
- Provide product specifications for new products and product upgrades to product development teams throughout the design and evaluation phase.
- Maintain minimum three-year product development plan for assigned product lines.
- Assist in the review of design, testing, and planning with Design Engineering departments.
- Coordinate the communication between the Sales, Engineering and Manufacturing Teams relative to product projects.
- Work with the Sales Manager in the creation and production process of the price book for assigned product lines; Develop and update pricing based on market conditions, competition, available features, and margins; Forward pricing calculations to sales and marketing group for review.
- Work with Sales Manager to develop marketing plans and promotional materials for all current and new products as well as product improvements, and draft bulletins for product change releases.
- Assist with development and coordinate and present product training for internal Sales personnel, Territory Managers, Reps, Distributors and dealers at sales meetings, field demonstrations, trade shows, etc.
- Provide direction on what products need to be displayed for each target market at trade shows throughout North America.
- Support the sales organization by working select farm shows, answering product questions for customers, and conducting field demonstrations of product.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all significant issues related to products; answer specialized questions over the phone regarding product functions and applications, and travel to dealer/customers site to provide technical support on product usage.
- Responsible for ensuring customer and market requirements are identified and met which includes; lead customer follow-up after the new products have been introduced to market to insure product that was designed meets customer’s needs.
- Responsible for adhering to and promoting McFarlane Mfg. Co. values by performing duties in a manner consistent with being a Team leader.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Regularly required attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE and SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
PHYSICAL DEMANDS & SAFETY REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires driving, standing, walking, sitting, using standard office equipment such as computer, keyboard, printer and telephone. Must be able to lift, carry, push or pull trade show displays (up to 50 lbs) alone or with assistance. Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time, based on job duty. Must be able to travel to for extended periods of time to and from Trade Shows and demonstrations. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Technology Management related fields preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Public Relations, or Agri-Business considered.
- Minimum five (5) years job-related agricultural product development experience required; knowledge of specific tillage products, preferred.
- Five (5) or more years of prior lead or management experience.
- Superior project management skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong strategic mindset, with ability to plan, organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with ability to present and operate various types of equipment.
- Proficient MS Office, with ability to learn other software as needed.
- Ability to travel as needed.