Entry Level Service Technician - *$2,000 Sign on Bonus
Ballweg Chevrolet-Buick: About Us – Job Description Intro
Since the very first day of business in 1965, Ballweg Chevrolet-Buick has made it our #1 priority to ensure that every customer is 100 percent satisfied with each visit to our dealership. Whether they are visiting for sales, service or parts, our teams always apply the principles of trust, honesty, respect, integrity and commitment. You can expect uncompromising levels of professionalism at our dealerships and our standards of excellence are always set our customers. This is accomplished by listening and providing the levels of service each customer expects from a world-class dealership.
Based out of Sauk City, WI, for 50+ years, Ballweg has been dedicated to finding the area’s top talent and we now have a great opportunity for you to join our team! To learn more about the company, the opportunity, or to formally apply for this position, please visit us online at: www.ballwegchevrolet.com.Responsibilities
- Test to check systems and components are secure and working properly.
- Isolate the systems or components that might have caused the problem.
- Drive the vehicle for testing purposes and inspect and refill fluid levels as necessary.
- Ensure tire pressure for proper inflation, clean and lubricate fittings as needed.
- Install a new oil drain plug and new oil filter and communicate oil levels to teammates.
- Maintain efficiency and accuracy in diagnosing as well as repairing vehicles.
- Repair or replace worn parts ahead of the vehicle’s breakdown or damage.
- Use power tools, machine tools, and common hand tools to perform various tasks.
We are an equal opportunity employer and prohibit discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
- Deep understanding of automobiles and speedy diagnostic abilities
- Effective analytical and communication skills and eagerness to improve
- Eager to learn new technology, repair and service procedures and specifications
- Ability to operate electronic diagnostic equipment
- High School Diploma or GED (required)
- ASE Certification/Technical degree (preferred)
- One year in a service department (preferred)
- Valid driver’s license