General Laborer - Fabrication
JOB SUMMARY: The general laborer provides production support by running machines and ensuring a safe work environment.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Under general supervision, performs routine production responsibilities.
- General laborers may clean and lubricate equipment.
- Ensure manufacturing areas are free of debris and dirt.
- Set out or put away tools.
- Follow instructions from more experienced employees to operate machines.
- Hold or supply materials and tools.
- Load and unload items from machines and assembly lines.
- Locate parts, tag them with identifying text and numbers.
- Record production information such as gauge readings, products produced and manufacturing times.
- Ensure defective products or observed equipment malfunctions are reported and repaired.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance is an essential function of this position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Prior production floor experience, preferred.
- Forklift certified or ability to become certified, preferred.
- Proficient communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to perform all operations within acceptable quality and time standards.
- Ability to recognize quality expected and be able to reproduce it.
While performing the duties of this position, employee is regularly required to walk, stand, use hands and fingers, grip; reach; bend, twist, squat, pull; and talk and hear. Must be able to stand for long periods of time. Ability to lift, push, pull and carry 50 lbs. Must be able to do repetitive work. Must wear proper PPE while on the floor. Demonstrates accountability for all safety procedures. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Compensation based upon experience. Full time employees are eligible to receive a competitive benefits package which includes group health, dental, vision, life and disability insurances, 401k, Paid Time Off, Employee Assistance Program, generous Retail Service Center discount and more! To be considered for this opportunity, please complete an online application at www.mcfarlanemfg.com; apply in person at McFarlane Mfg., 1330 Dallas Street, Sauk City, WI; mail resume to McFarlane Mfg. Co., Attn: HR, P.O. Box 100, Sauk City, WI 53583 or email resume to HR@mcfarlanemfg.com