Bistro Food Prep Assistant
Wollersheim Winery is looking for a culinary minded individual to join our team as a part-time Bistro Food Prep Assistant. Wollersheim Winery and Distillery is located on a scenic hillside across from the Wisconsin River from Prairie du Sac, WI. Wollersheim Winery is a leader in the Midwestern wine industry winning numerous awards throughout its storied history. With the addition of the distillery in 2015 we have expanded our offerings to include a variety of spirits that utilize locally sourced ingredients and are made with traditional yet innovative methods.
The Bistro Food Prep Assistant is responsible for the preparation and portioning of food items for cooking or serving to Bistro customers. This position will assist the Bistro Chef with Bistro service and the daily preparation, cooking, and cleaning of the Bistro kitchen and food service area. The Bistro Food Prep Assistant will have the opportunity to further their knowledge of the food and wine industry from an industry leader while in a family owned and operated environment.
Other job responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Wash, peel, weigh, measure, cut, portion, and prepare food items for serving or cooking.
· Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them on dishes, on serving trays, or displays.
· Monitor and record food temperatures.
· Cook or reheat simple food items.
· Assist Bistro Chef with baking duties.
· Assist Bistro Chef in the Bistro service area.
· Heat, prepare, and plate food orders for customers in the service area.
· Clean, sanitize, and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
· Clean and wash dishes, glassware, silverware, and other items.
· Assist Bistro Chef with various tasks as needed.
Minimum requirements include:
· Experience in a commercial kitchen.
· Experience with registers and Point of Sales systems.
· Knowledge of food safety and food handling procedures.
· Knowledge of food preparation and cooking techniques.
· Ability to properly and safely use knives, and other potentially hazardous cooking equipment.
· The ability to lift 50 lbs. regularly, and up to 75 lbs. occasionally.