Wollersheim Winery has a great opportunity for an individual who is looking to gain experience in a commercial kitchen with our Dishwasher role. The Dishwasher is responsible for washing and cleaning Bistro dishes. This position will ensure dishes and other items are properly cleaned, stored, and organized; assist with the cleanliness of the bistro kitchen and food service area; and occasionally assist with minor food prep and cleaning. This is a part-time position working weekend and weekday shifts. Individuals must have weekend availability, be at least 16 years of age, and have the ability to lift 50lbs.
• Clean and wash dishes, glassware, flatware, and other items.
• Collect and return dirty dishes to the kitchen for washing.
• Sort and organize clean dishes to ensure proper air drying.
• Place clean dishes or other items in appropriate storage area/container.
• Clean, sanitize, and organize eating, service, and kitchen areas.
• Sweep or scrub floors.
• Remove trash and place it in designated pickup area.
• Wash, peel, weigh, measure, cut, portion, and prepare some basic food items for serving.
• Select food items from serving or storage areas and place them on dishes, on serving trays, or displays.
• Assist Bistro Chef with various tasks as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Must be at least 16 years of age.
• Experience in a kitchen.
• Knowledge of food safety and food handling procedures.
• Knowledge of food preparation techniques.
• Ability to properly and safely use knives, and other potentially hazardous cooking and cleaning equipment.
• Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms.
• Ability to work in a team environment.