Wollersheim Winery and Distillery has an exciting new opportunity for anyone who has wanted to start a career in the spirits industry. We are searching for a motivated individual to join our team in the Distillery Production area. This position will assist the Distiller with day-to-day distillery operations including general production of distilled spirit products, cleaning of space and equipment, and operation of distillery equipment.
This is a full-time position generally working Monday through Friday with occasional weekend shifts due to company events. Eligible benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Supplemental Life, Employer Paid Life & LTD, Profit Sharing, PTO, and Employee Discounts.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Operate milling and cooking equipment to prepare and cook mash for distillation.
- Start, stop, and monitor stills’ temperature and performance, make cuts when required, drain and fill the stills.
- Fill, empty, wash, and move barrels and ensure their proper care and storage.
- Perform daily cleaning of production spaces and equipment. This includes, but is not limited to, still house, grain fermentation, mill room, and granary areas.
- Clean and maintain tools, equipment, machinery, tanks, and storage areas to ensure proper working conditions.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- 1-2 years of winery, distillery, or food production experience or commensurate experience.
- General knowledge of agricultural harvesting associated with grapes and grains.
- General knowledge of wine and spirits making process.
- General knowledge of and ability to use hand tools.
- General knowledge and use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- High attention to detail.
- Excellent communication.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation. Preferred CDL.
- Ability to safely operate a forklift.
- Ability to follow safety and hygiene procedures.
- Ability to represent the company in a professional and customer friendly way.