Distillery Retail Floor Supervisor
Wollersheim Distillery is searching for a customer service-oriented leader to join our team as a Retail Floor Supervisor. The Retail Floor Supervisor is responsible for assisting the Retail Manager and Assistant Retail Manager with the daily operations of the distillery store. This includes but is not limited to opening and closing the retail store, supervising the retail floor, and training team members in different aspects of their jobs. This position requires weekend and special event shifts.
· Act as Floor Supervisor to ensure customer service standards are met and address any customer service/team member issues.
· Assist with the management and delegation of staff to achieve maximum productivity.
· Open distillery store at the beginning of the day; close and secure distillery store at the end of the day.
· Assist with inventory counts.
· Assist with event set-up
· Ensure proper staffing by establishing daily schedule of breaks for team members, early ins/outs, tour schedules, and shop duties.
· Open, maintain, and close daily retail cash drawers, reconcile cash, prepare cash drop, and notify Retail Manager and Controller of any cash discrepancies.
· Provide exceptional customer service with compassion, enthusiasm, and professionalism.
· Conduct wine and spirit tastings and pour beverages by the glass in the distillery, winery and bistro retail areas.
· Describe the spirit making process and recommend foods, wines, and cocktails to customers.
· Perform housekeeping duties such as cleaning, glass washing, trash removal, recycling, restroom supplies and general cleanliness of the estate.
· Other duties may be assigned as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· High school diploma or GED.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
· One year of experience in a retail, restaurant, or customer service setting.
· Experience or interest in sprits or wine.
· Experience with registers and Point of Sales systems.
· Experience supervising a team.
· Knowledge of food safety and food and spirits serving procedures.
· Appreciation of food and spirits pairings.
· Willingness to learn of company offerings.
· Ability to effectively communicate in verbal and written forms.
· Ability to establish and build working relationships.
· Ability to train, coach, and lead team members.
· Knowledge of retail math.
· General computer proficiency.
· Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
· Ability to represent the company in a professional, yet customer-friendly manner
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This is a very active position and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching. This position must be able to lift 40 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.