Food Service Manager
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Staff scheduling in the kitchen including making sure there is coverage when an employee is unable to work. If an employee is able to cover another employee’s shift, it needs to be approved by the store manager in case there is an issue with going over part time hours.
- Weekends as needed.
- Ensuring all kitchen staff is trained to our standard operating procedures.
- Maintaining a clean and sterile environment.
- Monitoring all kitchen equipment to ensure everything is operating properly and is cleaned and sanitized. Notify store manager if maintenance is needed.
- Ensuring all product is stocked, dated, initialed and rotated.
- Responsible for recording and monitoring food costs along with price adjustments to ensure margins are met. New products and final retail costs must be approved by the store manager.
- Placing orders for any product needed in the kitchen along with maintaining a reasonable inventory level.
- Checking invoices to ensure the correct product was received. Notify vendors with any discrepancies to receive the correct credits. You will also need to cross check product return sheets with credit statements to make sure the correct credits have been applied.