Milio's Sandwiches is a regional chain of gourmet sub and sandwich shops. Established in Madison, Wisconsin in 1989, we have expanded throughout the tri-state area plus franchise locations and we're still growing. Milio's Sandwiches has won numerous awards over the last two decades and is very proud of our one of a kind taste.
The primary responsibility of the Shift Supervisor is ensuring product quality and consistent service on the scheduled shift. As Shift Supervisor at Milio’s Sandwiches, you will project a professional image to our guests and employees to create a positive and productive work environment. Assist the General Manager in shift running and basic operations of the store, this includes, but is not limited to: speed of service, accuracy of orders, quality of product, and friendly, courteous service of our guests.
- Assist in accomplishing the goals of the store set forth by the General Manager.
- Oversee all aspects of a shift, ensuring the accurate and timely production of product, service times and staffing.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere where the primary focus on the shift is to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Maintain positive store morale by maintaining a professional, positive, team oriented atmosphere.
- Contribute to the achievement of established food and labor goals.
- Direct and delegate work to counter help and drivers to ensure an efficient operation during shift.
- Ensure appropriate prep levels are maintained.
- Train hourly crew members.
- Follow operating procedures with regard to cash handling, ensure cash control by correcting errors, and watching for mistakes or theft.
- Check in and put away food and beverage deliveries as needed.
- Follow guidelines to complete daily administrative paperwork as needed and other paperwork as requested.
- Respond to customer complaints in a professional manner.
- Assist General Manager in producing an accurate inventory as delegated.
- Assist with local store marketing, including but not limited to, dispersing door hangers, coupons, menus and food samples.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years experience working in quick service/restaurant as a team lead or supervisor.
- Or additional years of education and experience may be substituted for each other, as determined by Human Resources
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Genuine interest to provide a positive guest experience
- Friendly, outgoing personality
- Ability to work well with others and encourage and create a positive work environment
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills and ability to handle stressful situations
- Ability to exercise good judgment, make sound decisions and have strong problem solving skills
- Basic math skills
- Standing/walking for long periods of time without sitting.
- Eye-hand coordination, depth perception, finger dexterity, and functional vision and speech perception are required.
- Some bending, crouching, pushing/pulling and lifting/lowering of 20-50 lbs.
- Some repetitive motions with hands, wrists, or arms.
- Must be able to operate equipment used in the business.
- Some exposure to skin irritants, electrical equipment, and sharp instruments.
What we offer:
- A great place to work
- Flexible scheduling
- Free food (with minimal hours worked)
- Training at all levels of the operation
- Defined career path
- Health/Dental benefits (based on eligibility)
- Paid time off (based on eligibility)