Brand Marketing Website & Social Media Intern
Sauk County is a regional government entity seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and eager individual to join our team to support our growing business and brand needs during the summer of 2024. The goal of this internship program is to develop an individual’s social media and website skills in a professional work environment.
Explore our Brand Here: Home - Sauk County (exploresaukcounty.com)
The Brand Marketing Website and Social Media Intern will work closely with the County’s Development Director who will provide real hands-on projects and daily tasks that use social media platforms and the website to promote and manage Sauk County’s Land Made brand image. Interns will be able to apply classroom-based knowledge to projects and gain essential skills needed to be career ready.
This is a paid internship from which the intern will gain valuable experience and have the opportunity to build a portfolio of work samples. The internship may also potentially qualify for academic credit, depending on the requirements of the intern's academic program.
Sauk County is dedicated to developing successful leaders and to making this internship as realistic and informative as possible.
*10-12 hours a week*Starting May 20, 2024
*Ending Mid-Late August 2024
The primary responsibilities of this role include updating Sauk County’s WordPress website, creating, and curating engaging content for social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube) and assisting with photography images, video creation and editing. The intern will also assist with monitoring and reviewing website form submissions and tracking website traffic and social media engagement.
- Create and grow social media presence/profiles
- Moderate comments across social media profiles
- Utilize social media profiles to promote branded market campaign events
- Create, curate, maintain, post and update engaging content for social media profiles such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, and YouTube with appropriate and appealing content
- Assist with social media analytics and reporting
- Assist in shooting, editing, producing, and loading video content and social media reels/stories/shorts/ graphics
- Help develop strategies for capturing target audience and current customer engagement
- Develop and update website content including blogs, images, text and reviewing form submissions (WordPress training will be provided as needed)
- Monitor website form submissions and respond to inquiries from website users.
- Review website traffic and social media engagement using Google Analytics, social media insights and other metrics
- Collaborate with team members to ensure consistent messaging across all digital channels
- Provide regular progress updates and reports to the Development Director
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Training and Education
Currently enrolled in, or recent graduate of an accredited college or university offering a
Bachelor’s Degree program in Marketing, Communications, Journalism, or related field.
Minimum overall GPA of 3.0
Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.