Program Support Specialist - Business
The purpose of the Program Support Specialist - Business is multi-faceted. This position may enter deposits into the financial system, assist with agency contracts, provide back up support to the Purchasing Specialist, create authorizations, perform accounts payable duties and/or other administrative/financial work as well as back-up to reception at both the Baraboo and Reedsburg Human Services locations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Enters payments (i.e. various checks) into the financial system for Contingency Loans, Representative Payee accounts and various other payments and makes deposits in designated bank(s) and with the County Treasurer.
- Assists in Social Security application process regarding Representative Payee status for eligible children placed in foster care. Enters information in the eWISACWIS system and acknowledges payment. Reconciles expenditures with Social Security Administration.
- Monitor consumer placements and services initiating/creating Service Authorizations for the department Staff Accountant enabling the payment of services rendered. Review billing statements from Providers, verifying authorization/placement forms are in place and services will be covered for payment.
- Provide back-up to the Purchasing Specialist to include preparing purchase orders, entering authorizations into the electronic health record and sending the authorization to providers, ordering supplies, maintain company vehicles to ensure routine maintenance is completed, gather credentials and training information on new CCS providers and register staff for trainings.
- Assist Staff Accountant in preparing, addending and maintaining agency provider contracts.
- Perform reception duties as needed, including greeting and receiving visitors, screen and route visitors and telephone calls, relaying messages, scheduling agency doctor appointments and processing paperwork.
- Enter provider charges into managed care system/financial system for payment.
- Maintain documentation regarding compliance/non-compliance of Intoxicated Driver Program clients and effectively communicates findings to the assessment facility, monitoring and distributing driver safety plans to appropriate personnel.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
- Check and correct practitioner progress notes.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Descriptive data and information, such as regulations, a variety of medical billing forms, client lists, client records, billing reports, time sheets, billing schedules, insurance forms, medical assistance forms, Medicare forms, program manuals, and routine and non-routine correspondence
- Verbally and in writing with department personnel, clients, insurance personnel, and financial personnel
- Explain, demonstrate, and clarify to others established policies, procedures, and standards
- Adding, subtracting, multiplying, dividing, and calculating percentages, fractions, and decimals
- Compare, count, differentiate, measure, sort, classify, compute, tabulate, and/or categorize data and/or information
- Assemble, copy, record, and transcribe data and/or information
- Analyze data and information using established criteria to define consequences and consider and select alternatives
- Apply functional and situational reasoning by exercising judgement, decisiveness, and creativity in everyday routine and non-routine situations
- Use fine and gross motor skills to perform tasks such as operating a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator, and computer printer
- Exert light physical effort in sedentary to light work, involving lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling
- Safe and comfortable in respects to violence, noise and disease
Required Working Hours
Standard working hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. Please note these hours are subject to change and additional hours may be needed or required. Compensation for additional hours beyond normal working hours are subject to applicable state and federal regulations.
Education and Experience Requirements
Required: Associate’s degree in Accounting, Human Services or other related field
3 years of accounting and/or Accounts Payable, Reception, or Purchasing experience
Preferred: Accounting and/or Accounts Payable, Reception or Purchasing experience in a Human Services environment
Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.