Registered Dental Hygienist
The Registered Dental Hygienist (RDH) is responsible for providing dental services to the Sauk County Seal-A-Smile (SAS) program in area schools.
This position will perform a visual oral exam, application of sealants as needed as well as fluoride and provide education about good oral health habits.
Seal-A-Smile offers no-cost dental assessments, oral health education, dental sealants, fluoride varnish, and connections to area dental providers for Sauk County students in grades 4K – 12. This program is available for all students, whether they have public, private, or no insurance, have a dental home or have yet to visit a dentist.
*This is a limited term position that shall follow school calendar year. Total hours for this position are flexible and can range from several days per school year up to several days per week, depending upon the candidate’s desired schedule and the needs of the program.
**No benefits will be offered with this position.Essential Duties
- Develop and maintain relationships with program’s stakeholders (school administrators, teachers, school nurses, grantors, business organizations and parent volunteers).
- Conduct dental screenings to assess oral health and associated risks and to determine which teeth are appropriate to seal.
- Apply dental sealants for targeted students and provide fluoride varnish applications, assess quality of sealants applied, provide sealant retention checks, and reapply sealants if necessary. Set up and take down of mobile dental equipment and provide oral health education.
- Comply with all provisions of the Seal-A-Smile grant.
- Assure that all dental equipment is transported and maintained per manufactures guidelines and dental instruments and equipment is cleaned, disinfected, and sterilized.
- Follow infection control standards and procedures as outlined by the Center for Disease Control and Children’s Health Alliance of Wisconsin through Public Health Sauk County Seal-A-Smile protocol.
- Maintain quality service by providing quality customer service standards. Analyze and recommend system improvements.
- Interpret and evaluate program data for objectives, efficiencies, trends, options, and outcomes.
- Actively participate in population health initiatives.
- Identify and coordinate program changes as needed.
- Assist in collecting, compiling, and maintaining statistics and reports required and/or requested by federal, state and local agencies.
- Maintain client records.
- Develop and maintain client relationships to establish continuity of care.
- And other duties as assigned.
Minimum Training and Education
Associate's degree in Dental Hygiene
3 years of dental hygienist experience
Wisconsin State Dental Hygienist License
Wisconsin State Motor Vehicle Operator's License
Experience with children in relation to dental hygiene
Any combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered.