Advanced Practice Provider - Sauk Prairie Healthcare Campus Clinic (Full Time)
Title: Advanced Practice Provider – Sauk Prairie Healthcare Campus Clinic
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
Under the supervision of a designated licensed physician, provides health services and medical treatments to patients in the Clinic and attends to patients on an outpatient basis in the Hospital or other Clinics. Position also provides advanced practice support to the Employee Health program, military & veterans services, stress testing, and newborn rounds.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- See and care for patients requiring immediate care services.
- Consult with other healthcare providers, arrange referrals, and provide psychosocial support to patients and their families, as needed.
- Perform health assessments by interviewing patient and family members as appropriate.
- Perform physical examinations, including pre-employment physicals for applicants for SPH positions.
- Develop health/illness-related diagnoses.
- Develop medical and nursing plan of care.
- Perform stress testing for SPH patients on an outpatient basis in the Imaging department.
- Perform newborn rounds for SPH primary care physicians as requested.
- Conduct military service medical readiness exams (e.g., Defense Department Reserve Health Readiness Program), which includes a variety of services including, but not limited to, physical exams, audio exams, vision screens, specimen collection, and immunization. Training in, and knowledge of, the use of non-SPH clinical documentation system will be required.
- Conduct Veteran Benefit Administration Medical Disability Exams, which involve a face-to-face medical assessment lasting 45-180 minutes based on the amount and type of claimed condition and the Veteran’s responses during the interview. Training in, and knowledge of, the use of non-SPH clinical documentation system will be required.
- Educate patient and/or family care giver regarding patient's health care needs.
- Perform simple surgical procedures, i.e., suturing, incision and drainage, removal of skin lesions and foreign bodies.
- Coordinate care through collaboration with physician supervisor.
- Provide telephone triage and treatment as appropriate.
- Provide appropriate documentation of patient visits.
- Prepare reports, claims, and/or correspondence necessary and appropriate to the performance of the professional services provided and ensure records and documentation are in compliance with state and federal regulations.
- Collaborate with the member's provider team to monitor provider-based care and discharge planning at all levels of care in accordance with established criteria and make recommendations to improve such efforts where appropriate.
- Utilize knowledge of benefit plan design and care alternatives available in order to recommend services.
- Maintain a library of accurate and appropriate education materials as an adjunct to counseling and education.
- Assist in developing team goals to support SPH mission and strategic plan.
- Coordinate and encourage the integration of the Clinics with their community through effective communication and public relations. Assist in identifying community needs and gain community supports. Assist in coordination of Clinic advertising and marketing.
- Serve as patient advocate. Ensures patients are treated in a prompt and courteous manner and that their questions or concerns are handled promptly. Keep Manager informed of any patient complaints/concerns.
- Keep current on coding and reimbursement guidelines, managed care compliance and regulations.
- Assist in developing, implementing and enforcing policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Float as need to the Hospital or other SPH clinics (Primary Care, Surgical, and Specialty).
- Required: Nurse Practitioner: Master or Doctorate degree from accredited Nursing Program. Physician Assistant: Bachelor or Master’s
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: 3 to 5 years of APP experience in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Required: Nurse Practitioner: State of Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse and Advanced Practice Nurse Prescriber (Family) or Physician Assistant: State of Wisconsin license as a Physician Assistant. Drug Enrollment Agency (DEA) Registration or ability to apply for such license prior to or upon hire. DEA Registration required within 60 days of hire.
- Preferred: None
- Required: Certification as Adult Nurse Practitioner or Family Nurse Practitioner through the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or through the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP).Valid BLS certification within 3 months of hire.
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.