Title: Business Services Supervisor
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
Responsible for supervision and direction of billing, insurance follow up, and collections. Directs and manages the daily operations of the Business Services Department to ensure all charges are processed, billed accurately, and in a timely manner. Responsible for ongoing education to Business Services team members. Acts as a resource person for the billing team, makes sound decisions, and exhibits strong leadership skills.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures timely and accurate third-party billing in compliance with payer requirements and other applicable regulations.
- Ensures accurate and timely billing of self-pay patient balances in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Oversees insurance claim follow-up, including resolving reimbursement issues and denial management.
- Monitors staff productivity and identifies preventable delays in follow up.
- Oversees charge capture and posting.
- Oversees resolution of billing edits, ensuring correction and resubmission of rejected claims.
- Establishes and implements policies and procedures to ensure appropriate claim generation and submission as well as self-pay billing to maximize reimbursement.
- Establishes and monitors auditing processes to ensure maximization of revenue for department (ex. Claims accuracy, staff productivity).
- Monitors staff communication with payers and reviews payer responses to uncover trends that can result in process improvements.
- Maintains knowledge of payer contracts, including timely filing and appeal deadlines.
- Ensures reconciliation and month-end reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversees provider credentialing and enrollment with insurance companies and government payers.
- Oversees individual staff members’ and overall department’s key performance indicators, including clean claim rate, A/R days, and more.
- Responsible for hiring, orienting, training, evaluating and supervising department staff.
- Manages schedules, department coverage, and payroll, in compliance with Human Resource policies.
- Demonstrates leadership skills in motivation, managing change, conflict resolution, and written and oral skills.
- Investigates and takes appropriate action to resolve department and personnel problems.
- Develops employee performance standards. Reviews employee performance and provides improvement plan if necessary.
- Initiates quality improvement activities to improve workflow, operations and systems administration.
- Assists Director with department budget preparation and ensure departmental operations maintain within budget guidelines. Ensure that fiscal responsibility is exercised in all financial decisions.
- Resolves patient complaints and misunderstandings.
- Facilitates regular staff meetings.
- Required: Associates Degree in Business or related field
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field
Licenses and Registrations
- Required: 3-5 years of relevant experience in medical billing & collections with supervisory experience.
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: Certified Revenue Cycle Professional (CRCP) Certification through American Associates of Healthcare Administrative Management (AAHAM) within 1 year of hire.
- Preferred: None
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance