Cardiac Rehab Specialist
Title: Cardiac Rehab Specialist
FTE: 0.675 (27 hours per week)
Schedule: Variable weekdays
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
The Cardiac Rehab Specialist delivers a variety of exercise assessment, training, rehabilitation, risk factor identification and lifestyle management services to individuals with or at risk for cardiovascular, pulmonary, and metabolic disease(s). These services are typically delivered in cardiovascular/pulmonary rehabilitation programs, physicians’ offices or medical fitness centers. The Cardiac Rehab Specialist is also competent to provide exercise-related consulting for research, public health, and other clinical and non-clinical services and programs.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assess, recommend, supervise and evaluate comprehensive rehabilitation programs for cardiac patients and for individuals at high risk of heart disease.
- Provide direct supervision of and instruction in cardiovascular exercise training, strength conditioning and flexibility exercises.
- Provide small group and individual counseling, coaching and education on primary and secondary prevention of heart disease.
- Risk stratifies and monitors patients' ECG and hemodynamics at rest and while exercising as appropriate.
- Organize group exercise sessions with appropriate number of patients and assure patients' needs are met.
- Lead group exercise/stretching sessions and for cardiac and at-risk patients.
- Complete daily documentation of patient exercise sessions
- Contact insurance companies regarding coverage and number of visits for cardiac rehabilitation patients as necessary.
- Attend all mandatory Hospital in-services.
- Required: Bachelor of Science in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or related field
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology, Kinesiology or related field
- Required: Completed internship in a clinical setting or a minimum of 1-year of experience in exercise prescription, supervision and counseling with cardiac rehab patients.
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) required within 6 months of hire.
- Preferred: American College of Sports Medicine Exercise Specialist certification highly preferred.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.