Title: Case Manager – RN
FTE: Per Diem
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: As needed, max 1 shift every 6 weeks
Coordinates and facilitates patient care activities to promote optimum and appropriate utilization of resources, improve continuity of care across the continuum, and to contribute to patient satisfaction and outcomes. The Case Manager- RN evaluates patient health status, facilitates the proper plan for care and manages the implementation of nursing services to meet the patient’s individual health needs. This position acts as a patient advocate, as a resource to patients/families and staff as a leader of the interdisciplinary team continuity of care/discharge planning. This position serves as a liaison between the patient, staff and physician to establish and implement a plan of care for each patient.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assess patients for potential needs in a timely manner and identifies those in need of case management intervention.
- Identify patients with high risk or high cost care, coordinates interventions, and facilities appropriate discharge plans.
- Coordinate the integration of social services/case management functions into patient care, discharge, and home planning processes with other hospital departments, external service organizations, agencies and healthcare facilities.
- Plan and coordinate care of the patient from pre-hospitalization through discharge.
- Evaluate, plan, coordinate, and revise patient continuity of care/discharge plan based on patient need in collaboration with medical staff and the multidisciplinary team.
- Perform utilization review functions and quality reviews: applies approved utilization acuity criteria to monitor appropriateness of admissions as part of the initial review (i.e. observation vs. inpatient status), Utilizes secondary physician reviews as appropriate.
- Continue contact with patients with chronic diagnoses to assist with life style changes as needed to prevent recurrence or exacerbation of chronic illness.
- Meet with patient and family to assist with disease management planning.
- Work closely with social worker to integrate psychosocial management of patient/family needs.
- Conduct concurrent medical record review using specific indicators and criteria as approved by medical staff, CMS, and other state agencies. Act as patient advocate: investigates and reports adverse occurrences, and performs staff education related to resource utilization, discharge planning and psychosocial aspects of healthcare delivery.
- Mobilize resources and interviews, as needed, to achieve expected goal to assist in achieving desired clinical outcomes within the desired timeframe.
- Coordinate care delivery processes and promptly intervenes in instances of delayed services or inappropriate utilization of resources.
- Participate actively in interdisciplinary meetings, identifying opportunities for enhanced quality of care, barriers to discharge and communicating discharge plans.
- Evaluate, plan, coordinate, review, and revise patient continuity of care/discharge plan based on patient need in collaboration with medical staff and the multidisciplinary team. Participate in multidisciplinary team meetings regarding the planning and implementation of patient care; facilitate communication and problem solving related to discharge planning.
- Coordinate and lead family conferences and/or multidisciplinary care conferences as needed.
- Document accurate assessments and interventions in patient’s electronic medical record in an effective and timely manner.
- Coordinate and complete MDS for SPH Swing Bed Program.
- Required: Associate Degree in Nursing. BSN required within 5 years form date of hire.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree in Nursing
Licenses and Registrations
- Required: None
- Preferred: Two or more years’ experience providing case management in a healthcare setting
- Required: Current State of Wisconsin licensure as a Registered Nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: Basic Life Support (BLS) within 3 months of hire
- Preferred: American Case Management Association (ACMA) Case Manager certification highly desirable.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance