Case Manager – Social Worker
We are seeking a Case Manager-Social Worker in our Care Management Department to:
- Coordinate and facilitate patient care activities to promote optimum and appropriate utilization of resources, improve continuity of care across the continuum, and to contribute to patient satisfaction and outcomes.
- This position serves as a patient advocate, as a resource to patients/families and staff, and as a leader of the interdisciplinary team continuity of care/discharge planning.
- This position also serves as a liaison between the patient, staff and physician to establish and implement a plan of care for each patient.
- The Case Manager-Social Worker conducts assessments of the biopsychosocial needs of patients, assists with identification of resources to assure successful outcomes, and facilitates expedited discharges across the continuum of care.
Two or more years’ experience providing case management in a healthcare setting preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Master’s degree in Social Work preferred. Will consider Bachelor’s degree in Social Work with relevant work experience.
- Certification from the American Case Management Association or Case Management Society of America required within three years of appointment.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Certification from the American Case Management Association (CAPSW) or Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) preferred. Current State of Wisconsin License as a Social Worker required.
- Knowledge of theory, principles, techniques and practice of professional social work practice; of counseling and teaching techniques; and general knowledge of medical equipment as it relates to patient care.
- Knowledge of discharge planning and community resources.
- Ability to provide counseling and address social issues to resolve problems encountered in discharge planning.
- Skill in assessing financial and discharge problems and provide referral to appropriate resources.
- Skill in setting priorities, planning, interviewing, counseling, communicating, and solving problems is essential.
- Decisions impact the functions of multiple departments.
- Errors may result in confusion or financial loss to patients or the Hospital.
- Skill in understanding, explaining, teaching, and motivating people are vital.
- Position requires courtesy, tact, excellent human relations skills, and the ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential.
- Part time position consisting of 60 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (0.75 FTE)
- Between the hours of 10:00 am and 6:00 pm
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.