Certified Professional Coder - Full Time - 40 hrs/wk
To code from the providers dictation using ICD-10 and CPT 4 codes to bill correctly for services provided. Monitor, route and follow-up on provider/nursing staff incomplete or incorrect documentation and communicate with other departments regarding claim denials, work flow, etc.
- Review dictation and use correct ICD-10 and CPT 4 codes for all services provided.
- Match up diagnosis codes to procedure codes when necessary.
- Reconcile lab bills to make sure all labs were billed.
- Code and post all nursing home, hospital, home health and home visits, etc. done by providers.
- Keep up to date on all Medicare changes for coding.
- Inform providers and Clinic Manager of any changes from CMS for coding services.(ie: change in codes).
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
• High School diploma or equivalent.
• Certified Professional Coder Certification
• One (1) year experience in ICD-10 and CPT 4 coding.