CMA/LPN - Orthopedic Associates
Title: Certified Medical Assistant/Licensed Practical Nurse - Orthopedics
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday - Friday from 8:00AM - 5:00PM
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
The CMA/LPN, under the direction of the physician or other designated licensed staff, provides routine patient care in an ambulatory setting. The CMA/LPN is able to work as part of a team and perform both clinical and administrative duties. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination/procedure, sterilization of medical instruments and administering medications as directed by provider or designee. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records and filling out insurance forms/paperwork.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manages assigned physician schedule including clinic appointments, procedures, surgeries.
- Schedules surgeries, tests, referrals and other appointments for patients. Provides patient education regarding same.
- Assist in completing paperwork such as worker’s compensation forms, insurance forms or legal forms for patients.
- Responds to requests for medical records ensuring appropriate release information is provided.
- Functions as liaison between assigned physician and external departments within SPH and/or other healthcare organizations such as: surgery, radiology, acute care, pharmacy, ER, therapy, assisted living centers, nursing homes, etc.
- Manages patient flow and performs patient rooming workflows.
- Demonstrates and understands infection control, sterile and aseptic techniques. Uses appropriate techniques in setting up or assisting with procedure.
- Enters and processes all orders (e.g. diagnostic, office procedures).
- Assists medical provider with processing of diagnostic results.
- Administers medications by all routes excluding intravenous infusion. Demonstrates and understands administration techniques, recognizes and reports effects and side effects of medication, and instructs patient appropriately.
- Collects and records accurate telephone information and relays it to medical provider or nurse in a timely manner.
- Cleans, prepares, and autoclaves equipment and instruments in preparation for sterilizations per infection control policies and procedures.
- Check inventory and order supplies as needed.
- Provides patient education only under the direction of medical provider or nurse.
- Performs delegated MD/Nursing acts commensurate with education, training, competency and experience.
- Schedule referrals/outpatient diagnostic procedures including patient prep information and coordinate prior authorizations
- Assists in emergency situations.
- Participates in site process improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Required: Graduation from an accredited Medical Assistant or Practical Nurse Training Program
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: Experience in a healthcare setting
- Required: Wisconsin licensure as a Licensed Practical Nurse, if applicable
- Preferred: None
- Required: Medical Assistant by an approved national examination agency within 6 months of appointment. Basic Life Support (BLS) within 3 months of appointment.
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.