CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant - Acute Care
Title: CNA – Acute Care
FTE: 0.0 (Per Diem)
Schedule: Variable, 12 hour day/night shifts
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
Under the supervision of a nurse, provide direct patient care, comfort, and assistance with activities of daily living and rehabilitation. Must be adaptable to changes in daily assignments, patient status changes and unit needs as well as have the ability to stay organized in a busy and demanding setting.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct patient care under the direction of the Registered Nurse. Responsible for executing duties as assigned.
- Establish and meet timeline for patient care and other forms of work.
- Answer patient call lights within the parameters outlined by unit-specific guidelines.
- Provide basic hygiene that may include bathing, oral care, and dressing of patient.
- Assist with toileting, turning and ambulation in accordance with policy and procedures.
- Takes patient vital signs, including: blood pressure, pulse, respirations, temperature, oxygen level and glucose monitoring.
- Timely and accurately relay and document information to include physical and mental status changes, vital signs, meal consumption, liquid intake, glucose results, distances walked, and daily bowel movement and urine amounts.
- Effectively relay information to the next CNA on shift, or to the nurse in charge. Participate in bedside reporting.
- Safely care for multiple patients. Use safety precautions appropriately.
- Ensure a clean, safe and organized environment equipped with adequate supplies for each patient.
- Ensure that equipment is maintained in a clean and safe manner. Removes and tags equipment from patient use when in need of repair.
- Float to other units as necessary.
- May have precepting responsibility.
- Participate in education by attending inservices as required. Attend 75% of unit meetings.
- Demonstrate understanding and utilization of Universal Precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures.
- Kindly greet each person entering the facility.
- Explain to patients/visitors/vendors the purpose of temperature and symptom screening.
- Explain current visitor/patient support partner protocol as needed.
- Ensure patient/visitors/vendors are screened appropriately with current requirements.
- Administer and interpret temperature of each scanned individual using the no-touch digital thermometer.
- Screen persons entering the facility.
- Ensure all who enter the facility are wearing a mask/face covering and provide a mask to those without one.
- Confirms with entering patients their destination and direct them to the department.
- Confirm permitted visitors in coordination with the Welcome Desk staff.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area and entry vestibule.
- Monitor screening supplies and report needs for additional supplies.
- Clean returned wheelchairs prior to reuse by another patient.
- Other duties as assigned to include assisting with projects and tasks that can be performed at the work station.
- Required: High School Degree of equivalent
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: Previous experience as a CNA
- Required: Valid certificate as a Certified Nursing Assistant
- Preferred: None
- Required: Valid Basic Life Support (BLS) certification within 3 months of hire date
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.