Certified Nursing Assistant – Acute Care
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant in Acute Care to:
- Provide direct patient care, comfort, and assistance with activities of daily living and rehabilitation.
- Must be adaptable to changes in daily assignments, patient status changes and unit needs.
- Ability to stay organized in a busy and demanding setting.
- High school degree or equivalent.
Licenses and Certifications:
- Previous experience as a nursing assistant preferred but not required.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Valid certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Basic Life Support certification required within 3 months from date of hire.
- Basic proficiency with computers, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and keyboarding skills.
- Proficient on the use of patient care equipment and have the ability to operate safely.
- Ability to state normal ranges for vital signs.
- Must have the ability to stay organized in a busy and demanding setting.
- Must be familiar with, and committed to following, all department SPH standards, policies, practices and procedures.
- Able to present a professional, cheerful, caring and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers and visitors.
- Effectively and efficiently communicate, both verbally and in writing, in all encounters.
- Courtesy, tact, and ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and ability to keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Ability to perform duties without constant supervision.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate well and explain procedures to patients.
- Must have the ability to independently problem solve within the parameters of their role.
- Part time position consisting of 60 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (0.75 FTE)
- 12 hours shifts primarily on nights
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.