Certified Nursing Assistant – Surgery Center
We are seeking a Certified Nursing Assistant in Surgery to:
- Assist with direct patient care within the scope of their practice as well as other work on the unit which supports the patient environment.
- Must be adaptable to changes in daily assignments, patient status changes and unit needs.
- Assist staff to ensure optimal patient care and assists the healthcare team to provide and maintain a clean, safe, and attractive environment for patients.
- Direct patient care, nutrition, observation, documentation, transportation of patients and supplies, and general maintenance of the patient environment.
- High school degree or equivalent required
Licenses and Certifications:
- Previous experience as a nursing assistant preferred.
Required Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Valid certification as a Certified Nursing Assistant.
- Basic Life Support certification required within 3 months from date of hire.
- Basic proficiency with computers, knowledge of Microsoft Office, and keyboarding skills.
- Proficient on the use of patient care equipment and have the ability to operate safely.
- Must be familiar with, and committed to all department SPH standards, policies, practices and procedures. Able to present a professional, cheerful, caring and sensitive attitude to patients, their family members, coworkers and visitors.
- Courtesy, tact, and ability to get along with coworkers as a team member, and ability to protect patients’ rights and keep sensitive information about patients and others strictly confidential is essential.
- Ability to perform duties without constant supervision.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate well and explain procedures to patients.
- Ability to create and support an environment that fosters good team relationships in accordance with Employee Excellence standards.
- Part time position consisting of 40 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (0.50 FTE)
- Variable schedule based on department need
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.