FTE: 1.00 FTE (40 hours/week)
Schedule: 9:15am – 7:45pm
Holiday Rotation: Rotating
Weekend Rotation: Every other
On Call Requirements: N/A
Prepare quality meals for clients and customers including patients, employees, visitors and mobile meal participants using approved menus with standardized recipes. Ensure meals are nutritious, flavorful, and visually appealing. Follow food safety and other regulatory requirements for receiving, storage, preparation, and distribution of food items. Give work guidance to and work as a team with other food preparation staff.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use approved menus to ensure that all ingredients are available for preparation of planned meals.
- Prepare, cook and/or bake all foods necessary or oversee these processes, including but not limited to soups, entrees, side dishes, and desserts for patient, cafeteria, catering, and mobile meals.
- Use recipe variations and innovation to ensure meals are interesting, attractive and appealing as well as healthy.
- Ensure the kitchen, café, store room, office area, and equipment is maintained in a safe and sanitary manner.
- Prepare catering menu items or other items for meetings or special events in an attractive way.
- Prepare made-to-order meals, provide customer service, re-stock items, and cashier duties as needed in Cafeteria.
- Perform all functions of room service such as answering phone, taking orders, preparing orders and delivering orders for room service; including assisting patients with making proper food choices.
- Communicate with other departments and patients regarding patient diets, meal selection, and satisfaction.
- Communicate with customers / clients regarding recipe ingredients and allergen information.
- Count Carbohydrates for diabetic diets and identify patient menu options for other dietary restrictions. Assist patients with ordering meals that meet their likes and dislikes and stay within their diet restrictions.
- Provide general guidance and work as a team with culinary aides regarding menu, meal items, production, and sanitation.
- Motivate fellow staff members by leading daily planning and task management.
- Train new staff in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Report any safety violations or incidents to the nutrition services director.
- Assist with menu development and recipe modification, including researching new menu ideas and innovating creative recipes. Add these recipes to production schedules.
- Follow food safety guidelines for receiving, storage, preparation and distribution of food items.
- Document according to department and regulatory guidelines to ensure compliance.
- Order food and non- food supplies from vendors in accordance with the approved menus.
- Assist with inventory, cost containment, waste reduction, and new revenue ideas.
- Utilize leftovers and decrease food production based on census and customer count to decrease waste.
- Inspect patient meal trays and other food items being served for temperature, accuracy, visual appeal, and take action as needed.
- Attend food shows, seminars, and other events to keep abreast of changing food and nutrition trends.
- Perform formal and informal in-services on kitchen policies and procedures, safety, and other
- pertinent information.
- Develop individual goals each year in coordination with department and organizational goals and follow through on these goals.
- Required: High School Diploma or equivalent
- Preferred: None
- Required: Knowledge of food and food preparation gained in a similar position for a minimum of 1 to 2 years
- Preferred: Shift lead work experience preferred to lead culinary aides through each meal service.
- Required: None
- Preferred: Current State of Wisconsin Restaurant Manager Certification desirable
- Required: Current ServSafe Manager Certification or equivalent training certification for food safety required within six months of date of hire
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.