Desktop Support Specialist - IT
We are seeking a Desktop Support Specialist in our IT Department to:
- Provide support and maintenance within the organization’s IT environment. This includes installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all PC hardware/software and equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
- Troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion and provide end-user assistance where required, escalating issues when considered appropriate and necessary to maintain service level agreement (SLA) expectations.
- Maintain user access in Active Directory, Electronic Health Record (EHR), and other systems as needed. This position also performs service desk duties.
- Associate Degree in a business, technical, or scientific program is required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- Two or more year’s relevant experience, with a minimum of 1-year experience in a project coordination role is required.
- Two or more years’ experience in health care or medical setting is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated commitment to providing exceptional level of service to internal and external customers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills are required, with demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with varied audiences in a highly collaborative environment.
- Strong organizational, communication, time management, and analytical skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills.
- Ability to present with clarity, confidence and poise.
- Proven critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, including resolving complex problems requiring innovative solutions.
- Effective multi-tasking and prioritization skills with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to conduct research into hardware and software issues and products.
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated.
- Proficiency with various software programs including Microsoft Office products (e.g. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Knowledge of HIPAA security practices is preferred. Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality is required.
- Working knowledge of PCs.
- Ability to install, diagnose and repair PC hardware, software, devices, and printers.
- Skilled in hardware installation, upgrading, and troubleshooting with the ability to quickly and efficiently assist end-users.
- Demonstrated hands-on software and hardware troubleshooting experience.
- Strong documentation skills required.
- General understanding of network principals.
- Ability to travel between multiple SPH worksites.
- Full time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (1.0 FTE)
- Weekly schedule: Monday through Friday, primarily 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance