Director - Behavioral Health (Full Time)
Title: Director – Behavioral Health
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 Hours/week)
Schedule: Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Holiday Rotation: N/A
Weekend Rotation: N/A
On Call Requirements: N/A
Provides overall administration, direction, coordination, and evaluation of Behavioral Health Services (BHS), continuum of care and population health operations and organization-wide services and support of these departments. The director serves as lead facilitator among key stakeholders in strategic program development to ensure quality and patient safety with emphasis on provider engagement and support. BHS may be located in multiple SPH campus/clinic locations. Services are provided through an integrated care model with primary care and will include consults/services for emergent/urgent populations in the Emergency Room or those being provided with inpatient services.
This position collaborates with other directors to offer (BHS) across the continuum of care. It will be responsible for developing and leading care models designed to advance SPH’s efforts in population health, care management, and accountable care organization (ACO) concepts in support of the mission and strategic goals of Sauk Prairie Healthcare.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Director Core Responsibilities
- Directs the development and implementation of plans and objectives for assigned department(s) in an effective and innovative fashion. Assesses and reports progress in meeting department objectives.
- Evaluates the success of the assigned department(s) in achieving its goals and formulates plans to correct any identified issues.
- Develops and facilitates departmental performance improvement initiatives to ensure effective and efficient workflows.
- Leads committees and/or initiatives that support the organizations strategic goals as assigned by supervisor.
- Leads, guides, directs, and evaluates the work of other employees and ensures a safe and healthy working environment.
- Provides general oversight and coordination of daily operations of one or more departments.
- Develops and ensures that processes for maintaining compliance with external regulations and internal policies are in place. Ensures compliance with regulations.
- Oversees department human resource needs (e.g. interviewing, hiring, training and development, annual evaluations, etc.)
- Approves payroll for assigned team members, which may include employed physicians.
- Participates as a key decision-maker in budget development and monitors financial performance for one or more departments, recommending changes to Senior Leadership as appropriate.
- Manages and leads change that promotes performance improvement, quality, operational excellence, service, and innovation within the organization.
- Collaborates with organization management, physicians, and others on execution efforts associated with strategic plans/initiatives.
- Drafts, reviews, updates, and approves policies and procedures.
- Generates necessary reports for the executive team.
- Coaches, counsels, and applies corrective action to employees as needed and guides subordinate leaders in such functions.
- Makes recommendations regarding the size and composition of the workforce within assigned span of control.
- Interprets and explains SPH policies to providers, staff, and lower level management.
- Develop department Annual Operating Plan focusing on Strategic Plan projects and optimal operations of the practice and efficiency.
- Identify, develop, and nurture key strategic external relationships.
- Develop practice growth strategies, in collaboration with medical staff and senior leaders.
- Collaborate with other directors to offer behavioral health services across the continuum of care.
- Develop and lead care models designed to advance SPH’s efforts in population health, care management, and accountable care organization (ACO) concepts.
- Ensure execution of growth strategies, including working with the CFO to contract with area nursing homes and assisted living facilities for the provision of behavioral health services to the residents of those organizations.
- Design and deliver clinician feedback reports including quarterly meetings with each clinician to review billing, quality, productivity, patient satisfaction and documentation audits and operational issues.
- Work collaboratively with Senior Leadership and Physician Leadership to identify and respond to concerns and suggestions.
- Oversee and prioritize initiatives to optimize clinician practice.
- Enhance patient- and family-centered care.
- Establish goals for Patient Engagement and Patient Relationship Management.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and other compliance requirements specific to BHS and educate leadership on such requirements.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business, healthcare management, or behavioral health field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree or other advanced degree in business, healthcare management or behavioral health field.
- Required: Five years of behavioral health leadership experience.
- Preferred: Five years of leadership experience in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Required: None
- Preferred: Licensed clinical counselor, registered nurse, social worker or other behavioral health related license.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.