Director - Birth & Women's Care Center (Full Time)
Title: Director – Birth & Women’s Care Center
FTE: 1.0 FTE (40 hours/week)
Schedule: Primarily Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Responsible for management and direction of the day-to-day activity of the Birth Center and Women’s Care functions. Serves as liaison with physicians and staff to ensure that the highest level of quality care and support is provided to patients.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs departmental activities to achieve SPH’s strategic goals and initiatives. Conducts short and long-term planning for the Birth Center and Women’s Care.
- In consultation with Chief Nursing Officer (CNO) develops Birth Center department operation plan, philosophy, and objectives including quality assurance.
- Plans, organizes, directs and supervises all functions of the Birth Center and Women’s Care.
- Utilizing financial acumen, develops efficient workflows within and outside of the Birth and Women’s Care Center to foster high-quality care.
- Develops and maintains nursing objectives, standards of care, policies and procedures, patient improvement programs and educational in-services.
- Acts as a liaison between department’s nursing services and medical staff and other SPH departments. Works closely with CNO for direction when unresolved issues arise.
- Ensures the coordination of care across SPH services for women of all life stages by connecting them to important services and resources at SPH (e.g., OB/GYN, primary care, oncology, cardiology, breast imaging, urology, general surgery/GI, Wellness, behavioral health).
- Supports ongoing collaboration with tertiary and other providers ensuring that resources are utilized appropriately to the full extent.
- Assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates community outreach directed at women’s health needs through education programs in collaboration with the Community Marketing Department.
- Provides patient teaching on prenatal, intrapartum, postpartum, newborn, and women’s health topics including cardiac, breast, behavioral and genitourinary health.
- Serves on hospital committees as assigned including: The Women’s Health Steering (Lead), OB/Newborn Committee (Serve), Fetal Loss Committee (Oversight) and provides work team oversight as needed.
- Participates in obstetric and newborn quality meetings at the regional, state, and national level.
- Develops staffing and department policies and procedures for the Birth Center and Women’s Care areas. Manages and schedules department personnel.
- Provides direct patient care for labor, delivery and postpartum patients as needed to support nursing staff, including occasionally providing on-call support.
- Responsible for hiring, orienting, training, ongoing education, evaluating and supervising Birth Center and Women’s Care staff. Implement retention standards for same.
- Serves as a technical expert for employees, regularly modeling, mentoring, and training employees on technical skills.
- Make decisions regarding daily priorities for department and provides guidance to assist staff on non-routine or escalated issues.
- Ensures professional growth and development of self and staff. coaching and developing each of your team members to continue the valued reputation that Sauk Prairie Hospital cherishes within the community.
- Prepares and oversees department budgets. Ensure that fiscal responsibility is exercised in all financial decisions.
- Develops, participates in, supports, and maintains quality control programs and initiatives as related to the Birth Center and Women’s Care.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
- Preferred: Master’s degree in nursing/nursing leadership or business/healthcare administration
- Required: Five years of registered nurse experience, with at least two years of nursing experience in a birth center setting. Nurse leadership experience as evidenced by but not limited to, performance of functions such as:
- experience in a House Supervisor or Charge Nurse role
- leadership/management of a clinical team in either a clinic or inpatient setting.
- participation in employee evaluations and/or recruitment and selection functions
- leadership of significant process improvement initiatives
- significant precepting responsibilities
- Preferred: One or more years of actual supervisory experience in a clinical nursing unit, ideally a Labor, Delivery, Recovery, Postpartum setting.
- Required: State of Wisconsin license as a Registered Nurse
- Preferred: None
- Required: BLS required with 3 months if hire and NRP required within 6 months of hire
- Preferred: None
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility