Director - Human Resources
Title: Director - Human Resources
FTE: Full Time (1.0 FTE)
Schedule: Primarily Monday – Friday, 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, this position is responsible for developing and executing human resource strategy in support of the overall business plan and strategic direction of the organization with respect to areas of organizational and performance management, talent management, total rewards, HR operations and compliance, and diversity & inclusion. The position oversees the human resource, staff education, employee health, and volunteer functions within the organization. Serves as an ad hoc member of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT).
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Director Core Responsibilities
- Directs the development and implementation of plans and objectives for assigned department(s) in an effective and innovative fashion. Assesses and reports progress in meeting department objectives.
- Evaluates the success of the assigned department(s) in achieving its goals and formulates plans to correct any identified issues.
- Develops and facilitates departmental performance improvement initiatives to ensure effective and efficient workflows.
- Leads committees and/or initiatives that support the organizations strategic goals as assigned by supervisor.
- Leads, guides, directs, and evaluates the work of other employees and ensures a safe and healthy working environment.
- Provides general oversight and coordination of daily operations of one or more departments.
- Develops and ensures that processes for maintaining compliance with external regulations and internal policies are in place. Ensures compliance with regulations.
- Oversees department human resource needs (e.g. interviewing, hiring, training and development, annual evaluations, etc.)
- Approves payroll for assigned team members, which may include employed physicians.
- Participates as a key decision-maker in budget development and monitors expenses for one or more departments.
- Manages and leads change that promotes performance improvement, quality, operational excellence, service, and innovation within the organization.
- Collaborates with organization management, physicians, and others on execution efforts associated with strategic plans/initiatives.
- Drafts, reviews, updates, and approves policies and procedures.
- Generates necessary reports for the executive team
- Coaches, counsels, and applies corrective action to employees as needed and guides subordinate leaders in such functions.
- Makes recommendations regarding the size and composition of the workforce within assigned span of control.
- Works closely with the CEO and senior team to create SPH’s team vision and people strategy based on SPH mission values, strategic goals, and operational plans.
- Diagnoses organization issues and determines root causes to develop evidence-based recommendations, business cases, and action plans
- Develops impactful SPH People programs; including, but not limited to, the programs for talent acquisition, compensation, benefits, performance management, diversity and inclusion, employee relations, succession planning, compliance, training, professional and organizational development.
- Creates and implements plans and programs to support employee engagement and improve retention of quality team members.
- Develops and promotes SPH employment branding.
- Tracks and analyzes key metrics to assess the effectiveness of SPH People programs.
- Oversees a comprehensive, strategic talent acquisition and retention plan that maximizes SPH’s talent for today and in the future. Strategizes with leaders to develop cost effective staffing strategies that cultivate effective internal and external sources that recruit top quality, diverse talent and attracts the industry’s best and brightest candidates, including physicians.
- Develops innovative and market-leading talent acquisition strategies, plans, and programs to identify and develop talent within and outside SPH.
- Strengthens the candidate experience from interview through on-boarding to ensure alignment with SPH’s culture, minimize unwanted turnover, and enhance SPH’s brand.
- Leads the development and implementation of talent management initiatives to further the potential of SPH’s talent. Collaborates with senior leadership to design and implement succession planning for mission critical roles, high potential individuals, key technical talent, and emerging leaders.
- Understands and responds to long-term talent needs by providing solutions and long-range planning to bridge any future talent gaps.
- Develops and manages a performance management process, including coaching and mentoring, that positively impacts employee engagement through consistent and timely feedback channels.
- Determines appropriate compensation strategy and implements programs to promote recruitment and retention.
- Manages compensation, benefits, and retirement plans.
- Advises leadership on issues of pay consistency and equity during review cycles. Supports salary planning and compensation administration; provides guidance to leaders and managers regarding compensation practices; and provides oversight of salary alignment and consistency across SPH’s offices.
- Continually assesses the competitiveness of our programs and total rewards plans against our industry peers and competitors. Provides recommendations, as appropriate, to bridge any gaps in plan offerings.
- Develops policies and procedures that align with the business goals and perpetuate continuous improvement within the HR organization and beyond.
- Responsible for internal control and risk factors related to HR policies and practices.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local legal requirements; provides guidance on employee relations issues; and advises leadership on needed actions.
- Manages the development, revision and implementation of new policies in compliance with all legal requirements as needed.
- Maintains consistency in HR programs and initiatives across multiple SPH locations.
- Oversees the management of the human resources information systems databases and the necessary reports for critical analyses and data of the HR function as well as the people resources of the SPH.
- Establishes strong ties with team members across all levels and business functions to understand challenges and needs.
- Develops a global D & I approach that flexes between short-term execution and long-term strategy in support of our business plans.
- Implements analytical tracking to leverage data that identifies gaps and trends as well as measures change and impact over time.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or equivalent degree.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration or equivalent degree.
- Required: Minimum of 5 years of HR-related experience.
- Preferred: Healthcare experience preferred. Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: Professional in Human Resources (PHR) or Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP), Society of Human Resource Management Certified Professional (SHRM-CP)
- Preferred: Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR), Society of Human Resource Management Certified Senior Professional (SHRM-SCP)
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.