Director - Specialty Practices (Full TIme)
Title: Director – Specialty Practices
FTE: 1.0 (40 hours per week)
Schedule: Monday-Friday from 8:00am-5:00pm
Holiday Rotation: None
Weekend Rotation: None
On Call Requirements: None
The Director – Specialty Practices works in collaboration with physicians, the senior leadership team and clinic leadership to ensure growth of high-quality clinic operations by providing strategic leadership for the practices. The director facilitates an environment that promotes high patient care standards and implements strategies to ensure high patient and provider engagement. This position is responsible for monitoring all operational aspects of specialty practices, including quality, finance, and compliance.
POSITION TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Director Core Responsibilities
- Directs the development and implementation of plans and objectives for assigned department(s) in an effective and innovative fashion. Assesses and reports progress in meeting department objectives.
- Evaluates the success of the assigned department(s) in achieving its goals and formulates plans to correct any identified issues.
- Develops and facilitates departmental performance improvement initiatives to ensure effective and efficient workflows.
- Leads committees and/or initiatives that support the organizations strategic goals as assigned by supervisor.
- Leads, guides, directs, and evaluates the work of other employees and ensures a safe and healthy working environment.
- Provides general oversight and coordination of daily operations of one or more departments.
- Develops and ensures that processes for maintaining compliance with external regulations and internal policies are in place. Ensures compliance with regulations.
- Oversees department human resource needs (e.g. interviewing, hiring, training and development, annual evaluations, etc.)
- Approves payroll for assigned team members, which may include employed physicians.
- Participates as a key decision-maker in budget development and monitors financial performance for one or more departments, recommending changes to Senior Leadership as appropriate.
- Manages and leads change that promotes performance improvement, quality, operational excellence, service, and innovation within the organization.
- Collaborates with organization management, physicians, and others on execution efforts associated with strategic plans/initiatives.
- Drafts, reviews, updates, and approves policies and procedures.
- Generates necessary reports for the executive team
- Coaches, counsels, and applies corrective action to employees as needed and guides subordinate leaders in such functions.
- Makes recommendations regarding the size and composition of the workforce within assigned span of control.
- Interprets and explains SPH policies to providers, staff, and lower level management.
- Develops and oversees Annual Operating Plans, including design of dashboards and performance metrics, for each practice, focusing on Strategic Plan initiatives and optimal operations of the practices.
- Identifies, develops and nurtures key strategic internal and external relationships to advance goals and plans that support the SPH mission and strategic plan.
- Develops practice growth strategies, in collaboration with physician and senior leaders. Responsible for ensuring the effective and efficient execution of growth strategies.
- Designs and delivers Physician / APP feedback reports including quarterly meetings with each physician and APP to review quality, productivity, patient satisfaction, billing and documentation audits, and operational issues.
- Works collaboratively with Senior Leadership and Physician Leadership to identify and respond to concerns and suggestions.
- Oversees and prioritizes initiatives to optimize physician practice.
- Responsible for enhancing patient- and family-centered care.
- Establishes goals for patient engagement and patient relationship management
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in business management, healthcare administration, or related field.
- Preferred: Master’s degree in healthcare administration or business administration
- Required: Five years of experience as a medical office manager in a multi-provider practice.
- Preferred: Work experience in a surgical practice setting.
- Required: None
- Preferred: None
- Required: None
- Preferred: Certified Medical Practice Executive (CMPE) or Fellow Certified Medical Practice Executive (FACMPE)
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
- Free parking at facility
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.