Director of Surgery
Award-winning hospital seeks a dynamic registered nurse to lead our Surgery department in providing the highest quality care in our state of the art facility. This position will:
- Plan, organize, and direct the activities of the surgical service line to provide quality patient care.
- Plan and implement systems that accomplish work objectives that fulfill the mission and goals of the organization effectively and efficiently.
- Provide oversight and direction of patient care in the Surgery Center, Operating Room and PACU.
Certifications and Licenses:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or Business Administration required.
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- State of Wisconsin Registered Nurse license required upon hire
- BLS required within three months of appointment
- ACLS certification required within 6 months of hire
- 3-5 years clinical experience in a surgery setting
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in nursing management required
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department.)
- In-depth knowledge of the surgical nursing discipline in combination with a high level of general knowledge of hospital operations is required.
- Demonstrated knowledge of care appropriate to the needs patients served.
- Ability to solve a wide range of complex, multi- disciplinary problems which must consider short and intermediate-term Hospital planning.
- Policy, procedure and precedent are created and/or approved by this position.
- High degree of analytic ability and inductive thinking is required.
- Errors may result in serious consequences involving patient care/treatment.
- Leadership skills including: effective change management, conflict resolution, collaboration, and mentoring.
- Staff development and utilization of effective engagement skills are essential.
- Strong commitment to quality improvement.
- Ability to plan and organize and to communicate effectively (verbal and written) is essential.
- Ability to exercise initiative, judgment, discretion, decision-making, and problem-solving.
- Ability to operate a variety of computer programs, especially Microsoft Office products, and Surgery Department equipment.
- Full time position consisting of 80 hours in a bi-weekly pay peroid (1.0 FTE)
- Weekly schedule: Monday through Friday, primarily 8:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.