Education CoordinatorEducation CoordinatorWe are seeking an Education Coordinator for our Education Department to:
- Work under the direction of the Vice President – Human Resources
- Consult with all department management to assess, plan, develop and implement education activities related to competency programs, department and organization-specific education goals and orientation activities.
Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Education preferred and/or graduate of an accredited healthcare education program
- Formal education related to teaching and/or adult education and/or organizational development is preferred
- Valid State of Wisconsin License as a Registered Nurse upon hire
- BLS certification required within 3 months from date of hire
- BLS Instructor certification within 3 months from date of hire
- Certification in Healthcare Education desirable
(This is not an all-inclusive list of knowledge, skills, and abilities. For further information please reach out to our human resource department to learn more.)
- Critical thinking and analytical skills with ability to problem solve and make decisions consistent with adult education principles and concepts.
- Proficient in program development, curriculum design and instructional technology.
- Competency in use of computer systems for provision of and record-keeping associated with education.
- Skill in Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Competent in group facilitation and presentation skills.
- Exemplifies leadership characteristics.
- Ability to operate various office and medical equipment, including a variety of computer programs.
- Able to solve a variety of complex problems in the absence of technical guidelines or precedents.
- In-depth knowledge of the nursing discipline and hospital operations.
- Has occasional direct patient care, including invasive procedures such as inserting I.V.'s.
- Ability to integrate practical and theoretical knowledge in teaching such topics as critical thinking skills.
- Sensitivity and patience in dealing with people.
- Courtesy, tact and the ability to get along with coworkers as a team member.
- Ability to keep sensitive information confidential is essential.
- Must have excellent communication and human relations skills.
- Public speaking skills required.
- Full time position – 80 hours in a bi-weekly period (1.0 FTE)
- Primarily Monday through Friday – between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match
- Free membership to our state-of-the-art fitness facility
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Organization Summary:Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.