Emergency Department Technician
We are seeking an Emergency Department Technician to provide quality professional care, comfort, assistance with activities of daily living and rehabilitation for patients, under the supervision of a registered nurse.
High school degree or equivalent.
Previous experience as a nursing assistant, EMT, or paramedic is preferred.
Licenses and Certifications:
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Valid certificate as a CNA or EMT.
- BLS certification required within 3 months of hire.
- Participate in patient care interventions and personal care procedures for patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse.
- Performing safety checks and assisting patients with ambulation.
- Documenting vital signs, including pulse, respiratory rate, blood pressure and oxygen saturations
- Prepare patients, equipment and supplies for specific procedures, providing manual assistance as required.
- Collecting, delivering and conducting routine tests on patient specimens.
- Assisting with personal hygiene; bathing.
- Assisting with ambulation
- Assisting with bowel and bladder elimination
- Participating in nutritional activities
- Perform approved dressings and wound care.
- Report changes in a patient’s physical or mental status to the nurse.
- Ensures a clean and safe patient environment equipped with adequate supplies for each patient.
- Provides care to patient of all socio-economic status, including young, old, confused, dying, multi-racial, and those in isolation.
- Performs IV starts and venipuncture for collection of routine blood specimens and blood cultures.
- Performs a variety of clerical functions including patient documentation, communications, record keeping and retrieval, and registration of patients.
- Cares for patients' family members in a caring and sensitive manner.
- Makes frequent rounds of patients to safety and comfort
- Documents care provided and actions taken in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Orders and maintains supplies needed for patient care.
- Floats to other units as necessary.
- Full time position consisting of 72 hours in a bi-weekly pay period (0.90 FTE)
- Competitive health and dental insurance options
- Flexible paid time off to balance work and life
- Retirement plan with immediate vesting and employer match up to 5%
- Free State-of-the-art fitness facility membership
- Generous tuition reimbursement
- Employer provided life and disability insurance
Sauk Prairie Healthcare is a nationally-recognized system of primary and specialty services headquartered in a new state-of-the-art facility. We set the standard for service excellence, patient safety, and overall quality.
Interested in an extraordinary career? Click the link to apply.